Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Persephone Kidnaps a Superhero

"Mariana in the South" 
by John William Waterhouse (1897)
Thanks so much, Heath Miller, for hopping on the Patreon train! If you, too, want to get on board, I'd appreciate it. 

Recently, I've managed to sell a couple poems! "Persephone Kidnaps Him" will appear in Liminality: A Magazine of Speculative Poetry later this year. It's my second sale to this fine magazine after last year's "The Pacific is Wine Pink."  

Then my poem, "Superheroes," will be out in Dreams and Nightmares next year. My first sale to this market! Many thanks to the editor, David.

In other news, I plan on participating in this year's Clarion Write-a-Thon. Clarion is a creative writing program that means a lot to me. It's a special program with a long history. Everyone accepted should be able to afford to go.