Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Night Queen and the Middle East

I had a short story, "The Night Queen," accepted by John Benson at Not One of Us in May. My work has been accepted there before and I was pleased to find they were interested in more.

Today, I came home from work to find Issue #52 waiting for me.

I've been pretty deeply involved in work lately so this was a pleasant thing to come home to. I've been walking on air ever since.

It's a hell of table of contents, too. I'm pleased to be sharing it with the likes of Sonya Taaffe, Yoon Ha Lee, Erik Amundsen, and others. From what I've read so far, this issue's damn good. I hope you'll check it out.

I'm proud of "The Night Queen." Writing it was mainly a way to get used to first person perspective again. I like how the story turned out and am very grateful to my first readers for giving it a shot.

***

My August was devoured by my schedule, one of the highlight's being a trip to Israel.

I kept a comic travel diary. With any luck, I can set aside some time to ink the rest of my strips and illustrations and put them up here. I thought I would have it done by now, but while my suitcase may be unpacked, my thoughts regarding the trip are not. Honestly, I expect I'll be unpacking them for years to come.