Sunday, September 16, 2018

In the Deep Dark Woods

My jaw is ON THE FLOOR.

Ellen Datlow put down my short story, "Scott and Lara Go to the Woods" in editor John Benson's Not One of Us #57, as an honorable mention for Best Horror of the Year Volume 10!

What? How? I don't understand, but I'm very, very happy pleased about it.

Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling edited adult fairy tale retelling anthologies that taught me I really did love dark fiction.

They also inspired me to write, to write weird, and to stay true to my interests, whether grim or fanciful, sweet or difficult.

Thank you for the shoutout. I really appreciate it.

***

Many thanks to the giving Ian Sharp for his wonderful, enthusiastic support on my Patreon! Hope you're enjoying my creepy comics!

***

My creepy fiction is found further afield!

In case you missed it, my flash piece, "Time is Like a River," dropped in July at Asymmetry. Give it a read!