Friday, June 26, 2015

Clarion Write-a-Thon 2015

Extract from my Clarion  Write-a-Thon profile
Another year, another chance to challenge myself to the Clarion Write-a-Thon. Lend support to myself and others looking to raise money for the Clarion Foundation so that the Clarion Writing Workshop continues to benefit writers everywhere!

This workshop changed so much about how I write, what I think about, and what I think about when I write. It's a part of who I am. I want it to go forward and continue to help other people, writers struggling to find confidence and people looking to infuse their art with more courage. Among the students this year at Clarion UCSD is fellow Bostonian, the talented Jess Barber, so I'm pretty sure this class is already kicking ass and taking names. Just a suspicion.

***
Pooja Mandagere, left, and Natalie Thompson outside the Supreme Court.
Credit Doug Mills/The New York Times
So! Hey! 

Today!

Today is going super well

Congratulations to everyone who worked for so long and against so many obstacles to make this a reality for Americans. I hope the future is kinder, better, and sweeter because of it.