Friday, October 14, 2016

Autumn Days

Over on Strange Horizons, which currently has its annual fundraising campaign underway FYI, my poem, "Athena and Yeshua" was posted on September 19th.

Not a week later, Liminality dropped its autumn issue with my poem, "The Pacific is Wine Pink."

Please read both and enjoy while I enjoy this nice, warm feeling.

***

I started my October by watching Lost Boys (1987) for the first time all the way through with a writing group friend. I continued it by watching my first two Hammer Horror Films, Dracula (1958) and The Brides of Dracula (1960) with my roommates. So all the Peter Cushing.

The latter was my favorite because it seemed like a prime example of gender politics in vampire fiction. Watching the ingenue become interested in a man chained up in his mother's house, and then subsequently de-powered due to her mistake of freeing a man from harm, made me all the more grateful for the advent of vampire romance and less surprised that it's developed the traction it has. 

Also, I'm going to a haunted house tonight.

So what I'm trying to say is I'm in Halloween mode.

***

Have a photo of my very own Halloween pumpkin. (That purrs.) (When he wants to be fed.)